Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Got To Get You Into My Life


Cut and paste the link to hear today's song:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zORWVa_JyV8


I know that you have already assumed that I am going to tell you that this is one of my top five Beatles songs.  Please do not keep track because you will quickly realize that I have about 5 sets of top 5s.  But I digress.

Think about this song.  It is beautiful really.  It is obviously about a couple who drifted apart for whatever reason.  He sets out on a journey not sure of what to expect .  I love how his thought process changes the minute he sees her.  It is clear from that one line that he has always loved her.  He quickly decides that he has to do everything he can to spend as much time with her as possible.  Do you remember being that in love?  He seems shocked that she doesn’t run away.  I think maybe she did last time.  He tells her that he knew that this would happen.  I guess nothing really ever ends.  I love the confidence he has that time and fate would bring her back to him again.  He seems like he was willing to wait no matter how long it took.  If that isn’t true love, I don’t know what is.

What can this song mean to your faith?  Do you do everything you can to get God into your life?  Or do you get close and run and hide like the girl must have?  If you truly want God in your life, what changes would you have to make?  You were meant to be near Him.  You were made to be together everyday.

This song reaffirms my belief that true love that conquers time and distance.  And makes me think that kind of love comes only from God.  He brings people into your life to love you and lift you higher.  Why not let them?

No comments:

Post a Comment