Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A Must Read...


Recently I was asked to preview the book, “Icky and Cece and the Mysterious Mr. Thuan” by Donna Piscitelli.  I am so grateful to have been given the opportunity.  The book captured my attention as a former middle school teacher and as a parent of a middle school student.

Piscitelli takes the often heady and remote Catholic Social teachings to a level that middle school students can understand.  But more than that, she engages them in a interesting story that is not unlike their own.  She captures what makes middle school students unique in their desire to be accepted into a peer group while at the same time learning who they are within themselves.

Students will love the story and be struck by the lesson it provides.  I highly recommend you read it and share it with your middle school student.  It will provide wonderful discussions around your dinner table.  I’m passing it on to my daughter today.  It would be a great addition to any Catholic middle school curriculum. 

I am anxious to read what Donna writes next.

Here is the Amazon link to the book: 


For more information on Donna Piscitelli, visit:  www.jmjpilgrim.com

No comments:

Post a Comment